Waxing Services at the Bove Spa in Somers, NY
Face Waxing Services
Lip – $15
Chin – $15
Lip/Chin – $25
Sideburns – $15
Body Waxing Services
Arms (half) – $35
Arms (full) $40
Legs (half) – $55
Legs (full) – $70
Back – $60
Bikini – $40
Brazilian – $75
It’s very simple. If you want silky smooth skin for as long as possible, then you need to remove the hair at the deepest level possible. At Bove Spa & Wellness, we use a special type of “Soft Wax” that removes hair all the way down to the follicle level, which is the deepest wax you can get, allowing you to enjoy silky smooth skin for the longest time possible before you need to wax again.
No Speed Waxing or Hair Left Behind
We believe a great waxing business is built by giving our clients the ultimate waxing experience and results, even if it takes a little more time. No hair is EVER left behind.
Our Obsessive Commitment to Cleanliness and Sterilization
At the Bove Spa & Wellness you can relax knowing that cleanliness and sterilization is our highest priority. To ensure you are being waxed in the safest, cleanest way possible.
- Ensure optimal hair length: Before waxing, make sure the hair is about one-fourth to three-fourths of an inch long. If hair is longer, trim it to a shorter length using scissors or trimmer so that waxing will be less messy and painful.
- Test the wax: Always test the temperature of the wax by applying a small amount to the inside of your wrist. It should be warm, but not hurt or burn.
- Avoid retinoid creams before waxing: Avoid using over-the-counter skin care products containing retinol and prescription retinoids two to five days prior to waxing your face to avoid removing skin along with your hair.
- Reduce discomfort: Since waxing can be painful for some people, consider ways to reduce discomfort. You can suggest clients take over-the-counter pain medication, such as ibuprofen, or applying cold packs to the skin about 30 minutes before waxing, may help.
- Cleanse and dry the area: Before waxing, gently cleanse with Pre Wax the area you’re about to wax to remove dirt, dead skin cells and skin care products. Afterwards, dry your skin thoroughly. Clean, dry skin allows the wax to adhere properly. For more oily areas, applying a light powder may help.
- Apply the wax: Apply the wax to a small section of skin with unwanted hair. Always spread the wax in the direction of hair growth.
- (If using strip wax) Apply the cloth strip: Once the wax is applied, place the cloth strip over the wax and press down firmly.
- Remove the cloth strip: To remove, hold skin taut with one hand and use your other hand to quickly pull off the cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth. If you’re waxing a tricky spot to reach, ask the client to assist you.
- Soothe skin: After waxing, soothe skin by applying cool damp towel to help with any pain or swelling (optional) or Post Wax.